Where Sewing Rocks!
112 Boeykens Place
Normal, IL 61761
Adult programs are designed for ages 18 & up. We offer a 2 month learning to sew course specifically to learn home decor skills or a fashion and design course to help you learn how to make clothing.
Want to go further - take it to the next level!!
Continue with the "You Can Make It" program.
"You Can Make It®"
Remember how you had to learn each letter of the alphabet to become an accomplished reader?
The same principle applies to learning how to sew. Students can continue to add on to the set of basics learned in the introductory level and transfer them into commercial patterns (ex: Simplicity, McCall's, Etc.). Students will learn how to take their skills to the next level creating trendy garments to the desired level.
Students will be challenged to learn
1) How to read and interpret directions provided in commercial patterns
2) How to edit a pattern to add or adapt features desired for the final look of the garment
3) How to draft their own pattern to create their very own one-of-a kind look.
NOTE: Students who reach the level of working with commercial patterns become eligible
for the judged design challenge held at our annual fashion show in May.
FASHION DESIGN COURSE(Summer Special for $79)
Monthly Fee: $89 Plus New Student Registration Fee: $60
(Reduced lesson fees available with semester registration.)
* $89 - All Inclusive Pricing (or discounted full semester payments - see Registration Page)
All inclusive means:
1) Sewing Machines
2) Sewing Tools & Equipment (Irons, scissors, pins, etc.)
4) Project Required Notions (Elastic, cording, buttons, etc.)
5) Hands-on Instruction
$60 - Student received their own Pattern & Instruction Book.
This is purchased with the non-refundable $60 registration fee.
Note: this is in addition to the monthly fee - not included in the monthly fee.