Where Sewing Rocks!
112 Boeykens Place
Normal, IL 61761
To enroll, complete the online registration and payment by selecting "New Registration" Tab
BEGINNING FASHION SEWING COURSE
Monthly Fee: $85 Plus New Student Registration Fee: $60
(Reduced fees available with semester registration fee.)
* $85- All Inclusive Pricing (or discounted full semester payments - see Registration Page)
All inclusive means:
1) Sewing Machines
2) Sewing Tools & Equipment (Irons, scissors, pins, etc.)
4) Project Required Notions (Elastic, cording, buttons, etc.)
5) Hands-on Instruction
$60 - Student received their own Pattern & Instruction Book.
This is purchased with the non-refundable $60 registration fee.
Note: this is in addition to the monthly fee - not included in the monthly fee.
This machine-based sewing instruction and pattern book is created specifically for young ladies who are between the ages 13 - 17. Students will receive a complete sewing pattern and instruction packet.
After students have completed the Beginning Level
Take it to the next level with"You Can Make It®"
"You Can Make It®"
Remember how you had to learn each letter of the alphabet to become an accomplished reader?
The same principle applies to learning how to sew. Students can continue to add on to the set of basics learned in the introductory level and transfer them into commercial patterns (ex: Simplicity, McCall's, Etc.). Students will learn how to take their skills to the next level creating trendy garments to the desired level.
Students will be challenged to learn
1) How to read and interpret directions provided in commercial patterns
2) How to edit a pattern to add or adapt features desired for the final look of the garment
3) How to draft their own pattern to create their very own one-of-a kind look.
NOTE: Students who complete level 1 and move into commercial patterns become eligible for the
judged design challenge held each spring. The winner announce at our annual fashion show in May.